.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Web Statistics
Tuesday, February 07, 2006
Ten On Tuesday
10 Favorite Childhood Fairytales
  1. Little Red Riding Hood- I liked it only due to the red cloak, the whole wolf thing scared the hell out of me as a child.
  2. The Princess and The Pea- by Hans Christian Andersen
  3. The Little Mermaid (Den lille havfrue)- by Hans Christian Andersen- My grandfather is from Denmark and would tell me that I looked like the Little Mermaid. He went back to Denmark and brought me a charm for my bracelet of the statue of the Little Mermaid in Copenhagen Harbor.
  4. Rapunzel- by the Brothers Grimm. I had long blonde hair as a little girl and pretended to be Rapunzel locked up in a castle turret.
  5. The Steadfast Tin Soldier- by Hans Christian Andersen
  6. Thumbelina - by Hans Christian Andersen
  7. Goldilocks and the Three Bears
  8. East of the Sun and West of the Moon- Peter Christen , A Danish Classic
  9. Peter Pan- J M Barrie...Tink is my favorite.
  10. The Red Shoes (De røde sko)- also by Hans Christian Andersen. I loved it because I had red shoes of my own that I adored. (There's no accounting for the taste of a 2 year old!)

I grew up reading lots of Danish fairy tale books and my grandparents house. They lived one street over from me so I went over nearly every day for books and cookies.

 
posted by Lisa at 2/07/2006 10:49:00 AM ¤ Permalink ¤


1 Comments:



Cost of Bush's Ego War In Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
What else could we do with a billion bucks a week?
Click here to find out.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.