.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Web Statistics
Saturday, February 11, 2006
Saturday 8
sat-8 :: come sail away... 1. Do you own, or have you ever owned, a boat? When I was growing up we always have boats. My friends and I used to go out for the day in the canoe with a picnic lunch. My parents still have several boats, as they live on the water. But they're old now and have a pokey pontoon boat. I'm hoping to steal away their 2-person kayak for my own personal use. I went sailing to Catalina Island in California when I was 7 months pregnant. It was on a friends' 45 foot sail boat. Beautiful boat, but I was terribly seasick. I can't necessarily attribute the sickness to the boat I suppose. I was pregnant after all! 2. How far away do you live from the nearest body of water? If you count the White River as a body of water, just a block or so. It is a pitiful excuse for a river in my opinion. 3. What type of water is it? (ocean, lake, pond, etc.) A river, if you believe what they say...I'm trying to find a good place to put a kayak in and see if it is navigable. 4. Do you enjoy swimming? I love the water. 5. Do you prefer swimming/floating in a pool, pond, lake, river, or ocean? I prefer the ocean. Once you've lived in Hawaii you're spoiled...But I'd take a swimming pool in my back yard. 6. What is your favorite water-related activity? (this can be from sailing a yacht to sunning next to a pool to washing your dog in the backyard) I enjoy many different water activities...Swimming, boating and taking cruises of course. I'm not supposed to "sun" anymore because I had a cancerous area removed from my back last year. Damn doctors.... 7. Have you ever taken a cruise? If no, why not? If yes, how was the experience? I've taken 2 cruises and it was fantastic both times! I absolutely loved it. You don't have to worry about a thing. I hate having to carry my luggage around or worry about where I'm going to eat. If I wanted to lounge by the pool and have a waitress bring me drinks with umbrellas in them, I did...If I wanted to hike a waterfall in Jamaica, well I could do that too. They were most relaxing vacations I've ever been on. 8. Switching focus to water intake ... What is your favorite liquid refreshment, and why do you love it so? I try to drink a lot of water. I do like pinot grigio and many other wines, but I don't drink those every day...
 
posted by Lisa at 2/11/2006 11:58:00 AM ¤ Permalink ¤


0 Comments:



Cost of Bush's Ego War In Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
What else could we do with a billion bucks a week?
Click here to find out.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.