.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Web Statistics
Wednesday, February 08, 2006
Way Back Wednesday
Way Back Wednesday: Gone but Not Forgotten This week we are remembering those people who have touched our lives and are now gone either through death or because we've lost touch with them. Who knows? Perhaps some of you will be inspired to make amends or rekindle friendships as a result of this week's theme. Or maybe world peace will finally come to fruition. There are a few people who are gone from my life. First of all, my Grandmother. Actually, all of my grandparents have died. I was lucky to have them for as long as I did, but that doesn't stop me from missing them dearly. Secondly, my close friend Kathryn. I knew her during the time that I lived in Hawaii. She is the most genuine person I've ever known. I was so young then, only 20 years old when I first met her. She is about 8 years older than I and had lots of good advice for me. Her boyfriend was the one of the nicest men I've ever known. He was half Hawaiian and half Japanese and all heart. He always watched out for me and would do anything for me. I hope she married him and had darling babies. I don't know, because I can't find her. I hope I do someday.

(Lisa and Kathryn dressed up as "Robert Palmer Girls" for Halloween circa 1990- Hey, give me a break about the hair, it was the 90's after all!)

(Another fine example why the 90's look should never come back into style!)

Lastly, my best friend, Tracy. We grew up together. She was my neighbor and constant companion. We were so different from each other, yet got along perfectly. I'd lost contact with her and just recently found each other again. She has 4 kids! I just came out to her in an email tonight. I can't wait to hear her response.

(Lisa and Tracy circa 1985- I have no idea why I'm making such a face- love that 80's hair!)

Way Back Wednesday
 
posted by Lisa at 2/08/2006 06:36:00 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


2 Comments:


  • At 2/08/2006 08:27:00 PM, Blogger Kami

    I so remember the Palmer girls! Great pic, and great post. :)

     
  • At 2/08/2006 08:32:00 PM, Blogger Unknown

    I always wanted to be sullen and sulty like the Robert Palmer girls...sigh...

    I think it's fabulous that you were able to catch up with an old friend and you'll have to keep us posted about Tracy's response.

     

Cost of Bush's Ego War In Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
What else could we do with a billion bucks a week?
Click here to find out.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.