.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Web Statistics
Friday, April 28, 2006
13 meta-questions from the Irish Church Lady 1. Are you over 18? Yes, twice over thank you. What is the wallpaper on your computer? Which computer? My desktop at work has this photo of my son that I took this week. My personal laptop has this photo I took last weekend: I have no idea what's on my home desktop computer. My son's been messing with it, so it's probably some "Green Day" album art or something. Did you get enough sleep last night? I actually went to be by 10:30 last night and got up at 5:30, so that isn't half bad for me lately. First thing you thought about this morning when you woke up? Where's my coffee?! What do you have under your bed? I do not like to have things under my bed. All I have under there is a lock box. If I told you what was in there, I'd have to kill you. LOL Ever tried to skip a meal? Not intentionally, but it happens accidentally quite often. 2. Grilled or fried? Grilled, fried makes me feel sick. What makes you unique? Come on now, everyone is unique! Are you afraid of the dark? Nope. 3. Favourite movie(s)? Out of Africa, Fried Green Tomatoes, Steel Magnolias, Silence of the Lambs 3 things you can't live without? Food, water (or is it wine?) and the air that I breathe. Isn't that a song that k d lang sings? I love her voice! First thing you will buy if given $1000? Some smokin' new lenses for my camera. Favorite song when you are sleepy? It's sappy, but I like Enya. 4. Are you a giver or taker? A giver. What are your nicknames? Li-Li or LA-LA What is your dad's middle name? Christian Most recent movie that you watched? "Inside Man" with the lovely and talented Jodie Foster. If you were invisible for a day, what would you do? Oh boy, I'd probably observe people without them knowing I was doing so. If you were stuck on a deserted island and could have only one kind of food for the rest of your life, what would it be? Eggplant Parmesan 5. Favorite TV commercial? I don't watch enough TV to have one. First thing you'll save in a fire? My family (including my pup) and then my "woobie" 6. Your eye color? Green What are the things you always bring with you anywhere? My cell phone and my ID. I'm obsessive about having my ID on me. I think that if I were to die while I was out, I'd want to be ID-ed right away. Now that's macabre! Who's on your mind right now? Calling my re-fi guy. What do you usually do when the clock turns 7 am? I'm getting ready to walk out the door. The color of your bedsheet? Ivory. Who do you want to meet? I can't think of anyone. How's life today? Best day of the week I've had so far. I've been a bit of a stress-ball this week. Do you like Chinese food? Not most Chinese take-out type places, but I like P.F. Chang's. How big is your bed? Queen size. Is your room clean? Of course it is! 7. Laptop or desktop computer? Both Favorite comedian(s)? Ellen DeGeneres, "Old" Robin Williams, George Carlin, Richard Pryor, Jerry Seinfeld, Margaret Cho and "classic" Whoppi Goldberg. Who do you sleep with every night? My "woobie" aka the ugliest teddy bear in the world! Do long distance relationships work? Sure, they can. How many times have you been pulled over by the police? Only once, for expired plates (oops!) Pancakes or French toast? Both Do you like coffee? Like is not a strong enough word. How do you like your eggs? Scrambled dry or in an omelet. Do you believe in astrology? Not really. Last person you talked to on the phone? My co-worker Linda. Last person on your missed call list? Home, my son called me when I was out walking last night. What was the last text message you received? I think it was from my crazy-stalker woman telling me how important and wonderful she is, but I deleted it. 8. McDonald's or Burger King? No way I'm eating at either one! Number of pillows? Six! What are you hearing right now? The AC running in my office. Pick a lyric, any lyric or song? "Joan was quizzical, studied metaphysical Science in the home Late nights all alone with a test-tube Ohh-oh-oh-oh... Maxwell Edison majoring in medicine Calls her on the phone"Can I take you out to the pictures Joa-oa-oa-oan?" But as she's getting ready to go A knock comes on the door...Bang, bang, Maxwells silver hammer Came down upon her head Bang, bang, Maxwells silver hammer Made sure that she was dead What kind of jelly do you like on your sandwich? My mother's homemade strawberry jam. Can you play pool? I suck at it, but I have fun anyhow. Do you know how to swim? Oh yeah. Favorite ice cream? Raspberry avalanche What color is your wallet? Black Tell me a random fact about yourself: I can touch the tip of my nose with my tongue. How's that for random? Ever play spin the bottle? Yes I have. Ever attend a theme party? Yes, I have gone to a few. One was a theme party about a movie we were watching at the party. The other one was a murder-mystery party. What is your favorite season? Summer! Favorite quote? "Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History." Last time you laughed at something stupid? Last night. 9. What time did you wake up this morning first time? 5:30 Best thing about winter? It doesn't last forever! Last time a cop gave you a ticket? Never. Name of your first pet? Princess, a border collie. Do you think pirates are cool or overrated? I don't know any personally. LOL What do you do on weekdays? Work! 10. What are you doing this weekend? I have no earthly idea. Are you desperate for anything right now? Oooh, desperation is such an ugly thing. How is life treating you? Overall, quite well. Do people like you? Generally, yes. What do you think it is that makes the "popular" one? I don't think I get this question. 11. What do you wear the most? undies Are you using a pc or mac? PC Do you like peanut butter chunky? Smooth. What amazes you about the opposite sex? How singularly-minded they are! Are you in love with anyone? Yes Favorite cereal? Kashi Go-Lean Crunch Name a movie that makes you cry? What Dreams May Come What's something you like about the opposite sex? Not much. Is it true that only the good die young? I doubt it. Do you live for today? Yes, but not only for today. How fast can you run? Not very, for some reason. I've been wiped every since I had pneumonia last month. 12. Favorite band from the 60s/70s? The Beatles! Have any of your friends had kids as teenagers? No Did they finish high school? Yes, of course. Favorite 80s television show? Moonlighting. Were you born in the 80s? No Have you ever taught a little kid a curse word? No, I don't think so. I try to swear only when alone, my car is one of my favorite locations to do so. I grew up around parents that never swore. My mother wouldn't even let us say "fart" for crying out loud. I didn't become a swearer until I married my husband. He was in the Marine Corps, and Marines are the best cursers I've ever seen. If so which one was it? I have a few made up swear words I use, or I like to use a few I know in Farsi! 13. Do you think little boys are horrendously ill behaved? No, I love little boys. I always wanted a boy. I was so afraid I'd have a foo-foo little girl who would want sparkles, ruffles and visits to that store called Club Libby Lu with her 13 screeching girlfriends. I think girls are harder to raise than boys. Have you ever thrown anything at a moving car? No way. Name a villain in a movie that scared you when you were a kid: Bozo the Clown. I guess most people don't seem him as a villain, but I hate clowns! What's your favorite channel? I don't have one. What do you say when you stub your toe off of the corner of the coffee table? Another one of my made up words.
 
posted by Lisa at 4/28/2006 10:20:00 AM ¤ Permalink ¤


2 Comments:


  • At 4/28/2006 01:49:00 PM, Blogger Cat.

    Dang--I wish I'd've thought of Enya! It's the perfect answer!

    And I agree (now) about raising boys vs. raising girls. I'd hate to have a screecher around the house! :-)

     
  • At 4/28/2006 11:49:00 PM, Blogger Irish Church Lady :)

    Kewl Li Li Good read!

    Hey my daughter's name is Lisa and her middle name is Christian(e) like your Dad.

    I am one of four girls. I have 3 daughters and 1 son. I found the girls easier personally, but probably only 'cause I wasn't used to boys. However,we have a great relationship now. Maybe because he's living 300 miles away! LOL Just kidding...He's kewl too.

     

Cost of Bush's Ego War In Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
What else could we do with a billion bucks a week?
Click here to find out.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.