.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Web Statistics
Wednesday, April 12, 2006
Way Back Wednesday
This week we're supposed to do :Pre-You (a/k/a Fetuses R Us)! shots of your mom as she anxiously awaited your birth and sported the maternity fashions of the past..." I don't think I've ever seen a picture of my mother pregnant with me. I was kid #3, and I think the "novelty" of being pregnant had long since worn off. I've seen a few photos of her pregnant with my brother (child #1) and possibly of my older sister...Even one or two of my younger sister. I guess as she's 10 years younger than I am, some of the novelty had returned? I don't have any of those photos, so I have to settle for this, a picture of my mother and 2 sibs...

I'm digging on those groovy cat-eye glasses on Momma!

Now I had very few pictures taken of me when I was pregnant. For the first 5 months or so, I didn't show at all. Hell, I didn't even know I was pregnant for about 2 1/2 months! Duh, right?! Well, I was told that I'd never be able to have children, so I didn't put 2 and 2 together. I made up for that not showing the first 5 months by exploding the last month or two. My stomach was huge. I didn't get fat anywhere else...well, except my boobs. I decided then and there that I'd never understand why any woman would want huge boobs. Anyhow, I gained close to 60 pounds in all when I was pregnant with my son. Thank God I lost it all in about 4 weeks. Posted by Picasa The first full day home from the hospital. That means the little pumpkin head there was 5 days old, and I was still in a boat-load of pain and refusing pain meds. Ian looked so much like his dad when he was younger, it's amazing to me how much he's changed. I can't believe his hair was that dark as he became blond later on...

 
posted by Lisa at 4/12/2006 10:07:00 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


1 Comments:


  • At 4/13/2006 08:08:00 AM, Blogger Unknown

    I'm sorry, did you say you only gained in your boobs and stomach?

    Hmmmm, you seemed like such a nice girl and now I'm not sure we can be friends... ;)

    What cute family pictures on both counts!

     

Cost of Bush's Ego War In Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
What else could we do with a billion bucks a week?
Click here to find out.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.