.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Web Statistics
Friday, March 10, 2006
Hammered
No, not that kind of hammered. When I was sitting in the doctor's office, talking her out of putting me in the hospital, she asked me how I felt. I felt like hammered sh*t. Yes, that is what I told her. She asked! Here's where I got that expression: So, she chewed me out for a few minutes about going into work for the past two days when I was supposed to be at home in bed. Then told me that I was misbehaving ( duh!- I'm great at that!) and I deserved the shots she was going to give me- one of Toradol (for the pain from my fractured ribs from coughing) and one of a steroid (for the inflammation in my lungs). Now, that's plain evil! I hate needles. I opted out of the Toradol for fear it would make me too whacked to drive myself home. I didn't get out of the Solumedrol (steroid) so easily. I asked her if she needed me to get up to give me the injection. I did, as that particular injection goes in your hip- a nice way of saying your rear end! I've kept enough of my sense of humor to quip back to her that she just wanted to see my butt twice in one week. I had already been in there on Monday and she saw my new tattoo, as I was allergic to the antibiotic cream I had been using on it. I'm stinking allergic to many, many things now. One of those many things I'm allergic to is Vicodin (hydrocodone) and anything with codeine in it. Which made it difficult for her to find a pain reliever for the rib fx and a cough suppressant so my ribs can stop hurting. So she sat there flipping through the PDR cursing under her breath. She is a great doctor- seriously! She's the greatest and I would highly recommend her to anyone. So, they check my oxygen saturation level, measure my peak flow and give me a breathing treatment with a nebulizer like I had on Monday. I get so shaky from those, even those she switched me to Xopenex this time. I am a walking damn drug store this week, and normally I don't like taking Tylenol. I don't know why I've been so sick. I eat well, really well. Lots of fish, fresh organic fruit and veggies, whole grains and I take my vitamins. I guess I'd be dead about now if I didn't! I do know that one thing I won't be doing again is a wheatgrass shot. I'll take mine as a supplement from now on. Last weekend I did a wheat grass shot. Then proceeded to come home and toss my cookies. Well, not cookies, more like chunks of lawn clippings. Not tasty and not pretty coming back up. I'll spare you from any further details. Can you be allergic to drinking grass? Anyhow, right now I'm on another round of antibiotics, another 2 weeks of steroids, a nebulizer treatment of albuterol every 3 hours, a prescription cough med. and a pain med. for the ribs. At least the ribs are only on one side, most likely the ones I've fractured before. It does hurt like fresh hell everytime I cough though, and I'm no wuss. Basically, this sucks. Sorry, but there is no nice way to say it!
 
posted by Lisa at 3/10/2006 05:15:00 PM ¤ Permalink ¤


0 Comments:



Cost of Bush's Ego War In Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
What else could we do with a billion bucks a week?
Click here to find out.


Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.